2011-08-14 - UK - BMW Festival: August 14, 2011

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Three isn't much of a show - Come -on Guys, surely more of you are going to be there?
    Nr Welshpool, Powys, Wales
    E31 840 Ci Sport - 1999
    VW Passat Alltrack - 2013
    Mercedes SLK 320 - 2002
    Toyota Rav4 - 1997

Kommentar

I'm not a BMW club member - so would I be left languishing in the car park?
      Can you please remind me of what I'd need to pay to get in? (not fussed about test track).
      Did go once before, but my experience was mainly limited to sales girls trying to sell me blue running lights and being told what a lumbering dinosaur my car was....I didn't last all day!
      Mr Grumpy

Kommentar

Must admit, you had the same experience as me, but good to meet a couple of the other guys last time. The food is dire, as are the majority of the 'trade' stands, unless youre after some stick on 'carbon fibre'!
        However if you give the 01225 number a call or go on the BMW Car Club site you'll see whats required. I would think you'll have no problem getting on an E31 pitch , but please dont park near me as I can't stand seeing better motors!

Kommentar

Zitat von sandwich Beitrag anzeigen
          Must admit, you had the same experience as me, but good to meet a couple of the other guys last time.
          And me but that's not the reason I go. It's a 300 mile 5hr round trip, usually on a glorious day, meeting up with some great guys, talking bollocks (and Sonos) for a few hours, having a couple of ice creams then heading home for another year. It's a lads thing

Kommentar

You're right Nifty! Who was talking bollocks then?

Kommentar

Called this morning about tickets.
              As I'm not a member I would not be allowed to join the E31 stand and would have to go in the general car park
              This being the case I'm afraid I shan't be there.

Kommentar

I the past I have just turned up first thing in the morning and paid on the gate to get in, don't know if they have changed things though.
                93 850 CSI
                hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Kommentar

Zitat von ukzero Beitrag anzeigen
                  Called this morning about tickets.
                  As I'm not a member I would not be allowed to join the E31 stand and would have to go in the general car park
                  This being the case I'm afraid I shan't be there.
                  My tickets arrived today and guess what, I'm #4

I do not recollect there being a 'general' car park and the 8's have never had a problem parking together. There are always loads of non CC members there.

It would be a shame if this prevents you coming. A cunning plan would be to turn up and say you forgot your display pass but it was #5

Kommentar

If they can do it in California!!

It would be great to have a turn out like this one
                    Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

'General' car park is up on the right.
                      93 850 CSI
                      hung like Einstein, clever as a horse

Kommentar

Zitat von Nifty50 Beitrag anzeigen
                        My tickets arrived today and guess what, I'm #4

I do not recollect there being a 'general' car park and the 8's have never had a problem parking together. There are always loads of non CC members there.

It would be a shame if this prevents you coming. A cunning plan would be to turn up and say you forgot your display pass but it was #5
                        As long as we dont have to park next to each other I'll be happy! Joking...

Kommentar

Zitat von sandwich Beitrag anzeigen
                          As long as we dont have to park next to each other I'll be happy! Joking...
                          I thought that's why your name was Sandwich

Kommentar

Guys I was only interested in coming if we could get together can someone buy me pass (BMW member that is)?
                            Its been a year since I sold her and I still miss her.......

Lloyd

Kommentar

Zitat von Lloyd Beitrag anzeigen
                              Guys I was only interested in coming if we could get together can someone buy me pass (BMW member that is)?
                              Lloyd, the difficulty will be that the display pass will be for the vehicle only so it may not be possible to get additional ones. I don't recall this being a problem in recent years and it all seems contrary to the spirit and intention of the meeting ie. it shouldn't be conditional on being a member of the car club. I will make some enquires and come back.

I have to say that the club magazine alone is worth the membership let alone all the other discounts available. As a BMW enthusiast you should maybe consider joining anyway.

Kommentar

All UK owners

The National Festival is the National Festival of the BMW Car Club. It is organised and paid for by them and even at Gaydon, as large as it is, they cannot accomodate all of the members cars.

This is the reason why display passes are issued on a first come first serve basis. This year it is the25th anniversary of the e30 so they will have centre stage whereas we did on our 20th anniversary and I guess in our year they just wanted numbers of e31 so relaxed the strict membership requirement.

The Car Club director has asked me to find out what it is that prevents you from joining.

All your responses would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
                                Graham

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X