Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• No more meets???

Why is the last post from 2008?? No more meets in north America anymore?

Hi
    Other than local get togethers in a few places, a couple of West Coast wine tours and a Southeastern meet there don't seem to be anymore. I think the fabric of our "cult" has mostly unraveled in the US.
    www.8fest.com has gone .com-atose.

It all seems to have gone quiet after an attempt to do a whole US meet a few years ago. It didn't seem that anyone wanted to go to the same place or do the same things and IIRC "Liability" reared its head again. A string of 8s at high speed on a heavily traveled highway during an event was one of the mentions in that discussion.

Ask again at http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...splay.php?f=55 and you may find something at least relatively local to you soon.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others. Mine sometimes feels that way.

Terry

1995 840Ci
    1991 850i
    Woodland Washington USA

Kommentar

There are things in the works. There will also be a word of encouragement for owners to become more active in the 8er.org board discussions as representation in the US on the board has begun. Stay tuned!
      BMW 850 CSi
      BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
      Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

Kommentar

As Rogbmw said, the US users have not been very active in here the past few years, and meetings have been published on other sites.

In the future we hope this will change, and that more US users will find their way to this forum.
        -Egil (thats my name)

1990 850IA Hartge SC
        2012 M550d Touring

If I misspelled a word it's because I'm Norwegian, so bear with me.

Kommentar

Southern California Meet

Hi there, 8ers are alive and kicking in So Cal, we have an event scheduled for this weekend in Irvine CA - looks like 3o owners +/- will be gathering at the "cars and coffee" weekend gathering on 12-12-2011. May want to check out Roadfly for updates and hopefully some photos.

http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/131...ow-SoCal-8-ers
          Angehängte Dateien

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X