X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• Clutch pedal stayed down

Hi dear freinds,
    By mistake i left the gear in the first position to lock the wheels in an iclined position and now the clutch pedal
    working 50%, impossible to change the gear.

Any idea where come from?

Thanks a lot.

Joseph

Check the fluid level to the clutch first. Also check for leaks at the clutch master and slave cylinder. My clutch pedal recently did the same thing, and my fluid was low.
    BMW 850 CSi
    BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America
    Editor, E31 NEWS International E31 Newsletter

Kommentar

I also had the clutch pedal staying half way down, making it impossible to selelect the reverse gear. In my case, I assume there is a leaking gasket in one cylinder (input or output). I just lifted slowly the clutch pedal by hand and since then it is working fine... ( I never added fluid)
      By the way, I don’t understand why you say ‘by mistake’? I also leave leave it in the first gear when the car is parked be it in a slope or flat...
      Patrice

Kommentar

Thank you so much for your feedback. i've tried to lift the pedal but anyway it stays half engaged. I've noticed a little leak on the cylinder.

Thank you again.

Take care.

Joseph

Kommentar

Sorry for troubling, where's it exactly located?
          Thanks alot.
          Joseph

Kommentar

Sounds like you may have a bad master or slave cylinder if you see fluid...
            BMW 850 CSi
            BMW 8er.org Clubs International (B8CI) Board Representative, USA and North America

Kommentar

hi, i don't think so, after noticed a very light leak on the cluth sender cylinder
              i think that the air has replaced the break fluide.

Kommentar

Zitat von jopan Beitrag anzeigen
                hi, i don't think so, after noticed a very light leak on the cluth sender cylinder
                i think that the air has replaced the break fluide.
                If they are not bad, then bleed. It is best to force bleed from the bottom up on the clutch instead of pressure bleeding from the top down - that way you make sure all the air is gone.
                BMW 850 CSi

Kommentar

hi dear friends,
                  i just have filled the luckheed tank and after pumping few times now the clutch pedal woeks correctly.
                  Thanks a lot and take care.
                  Joseph

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X